Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Cushion's True Purpose

I've had some few crazy moments in my house. Sometimes I really have to mull things over in my mind as to what is okay and what's not. For example. It's not like my kids can leave the house anytime and ride their bikes alone. Most play is at home and there is only so much to do. (Although I can think of plenty) They have fun playing together but I've learned that you can't let boys get bored or........ well, fill in the rest. :) Ohhh, I could give sooo many examples. It's hard for me to let the boys take the cushions off the couch to build their fort. I like my nice clean living room! I also like my plant to stay where it's supposed to be. I have to admit though, that's a cool fort. You can't see it in the picture but the inside has two rooms. The next day, (they have to return the couch cushions to the couch by 5pm everyday), they rebuilt it but added a door made of cardboard. They put a whole in it and stuck a toy gun out of it. Now they had protection. From who? Not sure but I bet there was no girls allowed. Besides, the girls kept knocking it down. 


Ryan (second picture) wants you to see the girl he built with legos.  She's even carrying a handbag.

Chaz (third picture) built the cross on the hill. They forever wanted me to save their creations but I told them that we don't have a ton of legos and this would lead to disgruntled kids who want to play with more than 5 legos.  They were happy that I'd at least take their picture and blog about it. 

Ivy (fourth picture) is looking serious because she wants you guys to all think she is doing "school" by building with legos.  That's her serious face while her little sister is trying to figure out how headphones fit on the head.  Can you see Ryan laughing in the background?  Hilarious!

Ashley (fifth picture) figured out the headphones.  She may not be able to hear what's going through the headphones but, by golly, she'll get it through osmosis.

3 comments:

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

I feel the same way about saving every creation. And where would you keep them all??

GiGi said...

This is great! IM not the only one that inwardly has a heart attack when my living room gets turned inside out!! Im really trying to learn though that its ok, as long as it gets picked up. Life in both of our homes are never dull! What an awesome blessing
XoxoGapGirl

Daddy Forever said...

Our kids like playing with cushions too, but they drive me crazy when I want to sit on the sofa.