Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Finding a Family Friendly Gym for Our Large Family

I had to say goodbye to our beloved gym Kroc. I loved their indoor pool, loved their awesome gym, loved their rocked climbing wall, their children's library, their basketball court. We loved everything about that place except one thing. It's not mom friendly because they have a childwatch only open to 2-6 year olds. You pay extra a month because it's not included in the family membership AND the hours are weird. So you have to hope you have those kids in the exact age range. Basically in one year of having the membership I've gone to the gym twice. I just didn't have the heart to leave my family at home with my husband every other night when he also wants to work out.

The other day we drove by this really big gym and decided to stop in. We really just wanted to see what it was all about because it was HUGE. Right away a guy greeted us and I had to get my question out straight away. Did they have a childwatch?  A big yes!  What age range?  3 months-11 years and it's open alllll day. Yessssss!  He had me right there. Nevermind that they had a cafe, outdoor and indoor pool, water slides, and everything else cool in between. I just wanted to be able to work out with my husband like we've done for years before we joined Kroc. In fact, we both were major gym goers before we married. At least 2 hours everyday or every other day. I'm in love with Lifetime Fitness. Chaz and Ryan get to do whatever they want because they are old enough. I get my 2 hours to workout, swim, or get a break in the cafe. Sigh. So happy.

Meanwhile, I have my elliptical at home for days I'm not at the gym. Charles and I started a weightloss contest but we felt kinda put out that we had to always be apart to get fit. Anyway, it's late and I'm exhausted. Just super excited!

Note to Kroc. The reason I have so many people tell me they are leaving is only because of the restricted childwatch. It's worth fixing because we paid more than double to have that at our new gym. ;) And every mom said....  Amen!

No comments: