1. I wish someone told me I could nap with the baby and not feel guilty about it.
2. That I really didn't need most of the "stuff" being advertised for babies-just a few clothes, a car seat, diapers, and help with breastfeeding.
3. You really will never sleep the same again. So get the extra rest before your first child is born because after that it's over!
4. To speak up when you don't agree with what's going on.
5. Hold that newborn all you want. You can't spoil them when they're not yet old enough to understand how to manipulate situations. They are only that little for such a heartbeat in time that you can't get back, ever.
6. That it doesn't make me a bad mom if I need a break and leave the baby with my mom or husband for a couple of hours.
7. To put down all the parenting books and just go with my instinct. To not sweat the small stuff and 98% of it's all small stuff.
8. To write down everything about this special time with your child. Lack of sleep and time will get the best of you so it's just a great way to remember. I still write things down and I still absolutely love going back and reading things.
9. Nothing last forever. Labor pains, crying, etc.
10. Love and enjoy it, newborns grow up way too fast! Also, adopt the phrase "this too shall pass". It is true for almost all problems with babies!
*These were shared from Yes, They're All Mine on Facebook. I'd love to hear yours in the comments! :)