Saturday, January 21, 2012

Dear Juliet: A Letter to My Growing Girl

Dear Juliet,

You are already 22 weeks along and growing inside of me.  Babycenter said you are almost 1 pound.  I feel your energy at night when I am trying to sleep but I always welcome your little thumps and rolls.  You have 6 older siblings and each one says they can't wait to hold you.  They said I waited too long to have you but I think you came at the perfect time.  Pretty soon I'm gonna take your older sisters to the store and let each one pick out a pretty outfit for you.  So no worries, we'll get you looking just gorgeous when you are ready to meet us.  Right now we are clearing out a room for you so we can paint and make it pretty in pink just for you.  I'm buying you a new crib and everything that will be your very own!  I can't wait to give you the perfect room where we can snuggle and rock quietly together. Where Ryan will read you books like he did for your older brother Caleb.  This time he won't break the crib because I'll tell him he has to read with you in the rocking chair instead.  Even if mommy makes you go to sleep, Caleb will make sure you are never bored because I'm pretty sure he will slip some hotwheel cars under the door for you.  Kyle will help find your binky if you are upset, and Chaz always like to pat the back to help.  Ashley will make sure you are looking pretty with the perfect socks and Ivy will pick out your outfits.  You are so blessed to have so many to look after you!  Daddy loves to hold his babies but I see a special look in his eyes when he's holding a little girl.  Something about daddy's and their daughters.  Try to give him a break though and not wrap him around your little finger too early.  We all can't wait to meet you but we know you still have a lot of growing to do.  We love you!

Love, Mommy

2 comments:

Clarinda Olenslager said...

I love it. She will treasure it. Hope you are printing these out and putting them in a book.

Unknown said...

So precious. When I first read the title I was thinking "now which one is Juliet?" Ha ha...not even thinking about the little one in your tummy!!! So exciting. :)