Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Solution to Feeling Overwhelmed

Are there times that although you love your quiverfull you just have "those moments?"  Those moments where you look around and see the huge responsibility you have?  Well,  if you are having one of those OH MY GOSH moments I have a way to make you feel it's nothin'.  Babysit some extra kids for a week!  Ha ha!  Everything is suddenly magnified. How many dishes you wash,  the noise level,  dirty clothes, and it's tougher to go places.  When they leave at the end of the week you will be shocked at how little your family feels.  I only have seven kids.  Man,  it's so quiet in here!  LOL

Seriously though, we are having fun with extra kids but it's also a lot of work.  My kids are used to the routine around here but it's more work to teach the others.  It can be a bit of a battle but in the end it gets things flowing more smoothly.  This week I bought plastic cups and they keep one cup a day with their name on it.  If they lose that cup or break it they have to drink water by scooping it with their hands till they get a new cup in the morning.

When we got out I had put together buddies so they could watch out for each other. While going in to the community center I had given them some rules.   We walk in a single file and we talk with our inside voices.  After I pay and get us into the pool area then they could let loose and have some fun.  If they didn't listen then we would walk back to the van and start all over.  It took three times but they finally got it. :) 

5 comments:

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

You are the best friend and momma EVER. How are you feeling? I hope your headaches are fewer this week.

Unknown said...

Yes she is a best friend, my best friend mwhaaaaa all mine mwhaaaa.

Virginia Revoir said...

Tee hee.. My headaches are ok. I stopped taking my meds so it's always borderline. I really need to remember. I need to get help for the joints though. Man, I feel like there is a young lady fighting with an older lady inside of me! Ha ha.

Virginia Revoir said...

Awwww... I love your babies Michele.

Chris H said...

The most I've looked after at the beach is my 6, my sister's 3, my brother's 2 and my other brother's 3... all up... 14! It was rather funny when I called them all out of the water by name!

You did well with 10.