Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Headache Days

I have headache days.  Some days it's so bad I just lay in a dark room all day.  Yesterday was one of those days.  Thank goodness my husband has a split shift where he is home in the middle of the day for several hours.  He was home before the little kids woke up and was able to care for them.  Then he laid then down before he left.  So literally, he took care of it all!

Charles is my hero.


Caleb is obsessed with his daddy's computer.  I'm always catching him turning it off. Charles never sees it. Well, I had the evidence on camera so I showed him. It is indeed Caleb.


After I started to feel somewhat better (Monday), I sat on the couch to be around the kids.  It was around 5pm.  That day felt stolen and it was such a beautiful day. While sitting on the couch, I organized games for the kids like Sword-Gunners and hide and seek.  It was so fun to watch them play even though I couldn't play with them.  By the time I was totally better and the headache was gone, it was bedtime.  I sighed and headed for bed.  I thought about how behind it made me on housework because I was not there to make sure kids did chores or picked up after themselves.  The next day, I had 2 hours worth of dishes to wash.  Amazing!  That's a lot.  But then I thought how it wasn't so bad being forced to sit and watch the kids play together.  It was sweet.

I had forgotten my promise to myself that I would always be done cleaning, doing my chores, and washing clothes before the kids got home from school.  My life revolves around my family.  Not cleaning.  I mean, it's nice to have a clean house, but not at the risk of missing my kid's cute phases, hearing the funny things they say to each other, the secret hugs of comfort or missing out on helping them find good hiding spots.  It's just not worth missing all that.  If that means things are out of order for a bit. So be it. I'll attack it in the morning. 

1 comment:

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

I hope you are on an even keel this coming week for Thanksgiving! :)