Saturday, July 12, 2008

Baking for Breana





Breana and Debra wanted to bake for her birthday. They had fun studying the recipe book together and making their cake from scratch. I'm real proud of how hard they worked and how well it came out. :) It wasn't perfect but who cares? On top of it they made chocolate cupcakes and passed them around. We all sang to her, like three times that day! Ha ha. We sang to her when she woke up, then when the girls were done with the cake, and then when Charles came home later that night when we ate the cake. Generally, because of all the fun and "new things" that week, we all went to bed pretty late every night. It was okay though because we didn't mind the time spent together. In the last picture you see us singing happy birthday to Breana. I think baby Ashley was back sleeping in the bedroom.

I started thinking about people who have 10 kids and then I thought about all the ages that were in the house. If they were all mine. They ages were (counting the birthdays that are all coming this month and next month:

9 months, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12! I would have had to almost have one every year! Ha ha! Wow! I admire women who can do that. Amazing!


5 comments:

Chris H said...

Well done with the cake girls, it looks great, bet it tasted yummy too! I had 6 kids in 10 years, that was enough birthdays for me! Now with the two grandchildren we are raising we have to remember even more!

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Happy Birthday, Breana!!

SO... You planning on one every year for the next four years? Bwa ha haaaa... dare ya.

(No, darers don't go first LOL!)

I'm glad you're having such a blast this week with all the kids. How is Charles holding up??

Anonymous said...

Hi! I haven't been here in a couple of days. Sorry. I wondered how you got so many kids!!! I to go back a couple of post. :) Wow! I bet your house is busy. :)

That cake looks great! What a great day too!

Hugs!

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Howdy, checking in. Still sane? Can't wait for the next post.

Karen said...

Looks like all the kids have a lot of fun and sounds like you enjoyed it too!!