Monday, April 08, 2013

Homeschooling Kids in Band

The kids band concert is coming up so I've had to get more serious about getting their instruments all set up. I've spent a lot of time in music stores the last three days getting what they needed. We had a drum set before that got completely destroyed when I had some kids over. I didn't bother fixing it because I was worried about the cost. We're finally getting around to getting it all repaired. Otherwise I'll be having to pay $300 for another new set like it.

Today I visited the band room to see how my kids were doing with listening to their teacher and playing their instruments correctly. Also, I wanted to see where they needed help in reading their music.

I loved that I grew up knowing how to read music!  By having that skill you can pretty much play any instrument you want.  My husband is an amazing drummer I can can quickly see the difference at church between drummer players. Whether or not they are a trained drummer. Trained drummers can play different styles. Anyway, I am so blessed this school for homeschool kids gives them this opportunity.

A few of the kids are gonna take guitar lessons so we took Ryans guitar in and got some things fixed on it. So excited to see the kids into music!

No comments: