Friday, April 12, 2013

Boys First Homeschool Band Concert

I'm so proud of my drummer boys! They did so well in their first homeschool band concert. The boys think their teacher is a bit mean but I told them it's hard to find a mellow band teacher.  Haha. Charles and I both had band teachers that would freak out all the time.

I used to go home and practice my instruments every day and play in competitions. It was a big deal to me. I can't force my kids to love music but I like to encourage them to at least try. Turns out they really love playing drums. All three boys. Three drummers practicing in the house. Yeah!  It gets loud. Ivy is coming up next and she also wants to play drums. Hmmm... I'm hoping to get her started on the acoustic guitar because she loves that also. Thank goodness! Any more drummers, I think I'll have to give the rest of us ear pugs.  Lol.

1 comment:

Joni Haddin said...

Personally i really like your thoughts.We don't try to force our children to do the things which we like.We should encourage them to choose the career which one they like most.