Tuesday, April 03, 2012

33 Weeks Pregnant and Remembering God's Healing

I'm 33 weeks pregnant and so hoping the baby turns in the right position soon and does it on her own.  My acid reflux is under control because of Prilocec so I'm grateful.  ;)  MAJORLY grateful.  Who knew that acid was a big cause of my morning sickness?  I mean, I can still get worked up fast like if you mention something gross or if someone does a stinky right next to me.  Orrrr, riding in a car with a friend who does a tootie while I'm driving.  They're laughing while I'm gagging with my head out the window.  Haha.  My doctor said that most pregnant women don't realize that if they can get a control of their acid, it'll prevent some or all of their morning sickness.  It's gone down about 90% for me.  I'm eating better (meaning less) and not needing food to take away the nausea.  Now I have to remind myself to eat because I'm just so busy.  My energy level is awesome and this has been a fantastic pregnancy for me.  

My kids hanging out in my hospital room
while mom was very sick because of kidneys
Some people who are new to my blog don't know the miracle God did for me.  I wasn't supposed to have any more kids because my kidneys were so bad.  If got even the tiniest urinary tract infection I was to rush straight to the ER.  In my last pregnancy it hit me fast.  I was just bending over to put my shoes on so we could walk around the mall when the pain hit me so bad I fell to the floor.  I had no warning whatsoever and the drive to the hospital was agonizing.

 It was very much like giving birth, the pain was so bad.  I was hospitalized at 27 weeks and was unconscious for 6 days.  It was a horrible and scary time.  Somehow we made it safely to the 39 weeks and Caleb was born healthy.  However, I was to schedule surgery as soon as possible for my kidneys and could possibly end up on kidney dialysis.  A little bit after I had Caleb, an evangelist came to our church and called people forward that had kidney problems.  I was in pain that whole night while sitting in service.  I went up to get prayed for and the pain left.  Surgery was cancelled but the true test my doctor said was seeing how I was gonna do with this pregnancy.  Pregnancy can put a strain on everything, especially on my kidneys.  My doctor said it is truly a miracle.  She had been nervous this whole pregnancy.  I have been on bed rest at some point with every single one of my pregnancies (because of my kidneys) except this one.  God is real and He still heals.  We just have to ask.  :)

The revival service I attended
The reason I wanted to share that is because I needed to remind myself.  My faith has been at an all time low, more than ever.  In the last 3 years we were dealt a major financial blow, lost some friends due to their anger of me being pregnant with my sixth child (in 2009), and dealing with other issues.  Things done against me where no one else could see because this person was so secretive about it, literally for the last 3 long years.  In the end, this person getting told on, everything was denied to make me look like a fool.  Being I have to see this person often, it's very awkward for me.  It's caused such a weariness inside of me and a loss of another friend.  I stayed out of church for about a month because I was questioning my faith.  I do believe God is real.  I see Him all around me working in people's lives.  But was He still real to me?  These last 3 years were rough.  I just want to see a breakthrough.  I finally pulled myself into church last Wednesday but I felt so dead inside.  I wanted to cry the entire half hour song service as I just sat there listening to the singing voices around me.  I truly, truly need God's strength right now.  I can't forget that God does heal, does save, and is very much alive whether or not my faith is there.  

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for you and your family. Stay strong and keep the faith. I have a friend who recantly had her 10th child and did not tell her family until the very end, because they are not supportive. It is important to surround yourself with people who are really happy for you and your family and love the Lord more than they love the things of this world.

Mom said...

Oh Jenny--everyone goes through this at some point or another. In the past, during very low moments of physical suffering or because of damaged relationships, I have questioned God and my faith. I don't question those things any more, because like you I can look at the miracles in my life and never doubt my faith. But I struggle with the judgement and non-relationship I have with my siblings. It gives me a lot of pain. What I try to do is look for the light and know that God is with me, even when I feel alone. Your healing is a miracle and God is with you--even when you feel alone at church. God will heal that place in you if you allow him too. Hugs!

Unknown said...

Awww, it is so sad how people can hurt us so badly. Try to keep your chin up and always try to be nice to this person...even if they seem to hate you with a passion.

33 weeks is exciting! I did ask my OB about turning breech babies and she does do it but told me that doing so does NOT guarantee that they will stay that way. She had a woman whose baby was head down the day of delivery, then suddenly in the middle of labor the baby turned to breech position. She also said that it is very uncomfortable. I am not saying this to discourage you, just so you don't get your hopes up and it ends up not working if you end up having the procedure done. OH! And I found a website called spinning babies (http://www.spinningbabies.com/baby-positions/belly-mapping) and it tells you how to determine what position your baby is in by "mapping" out your belly! SO COOL! I tried it and was right on as my doctor told me what position my baby is in now. My baby JUST turned within the past week (tons of potty breaks and loads of pressure) and is now head down so don't fret too much about the baby not being head down right now. I am sure she will flip soon. :)

Sorry to be long-winded here. Hope you continue to feel good!

Chris H said...

I am so very happy you are keeping well with Juliet's pregnancy. It is fantastic.

Karen said...

I can't imagine loosing a friend over a precious child...totally beyond my comprehension! So sorry for the pain you've had these past years...praying for you! And...you are allowed to change churches if that would work better for your family...

Zion said...

I will pray for you to. It's good to have humility and faith to be able to reach out when you aren't "feeling it". I am glad you shared your story again, because I was unaware. That is such an awesome testimony. Our church is having a conference all week long called "Jesus healed them all" there are some exciting evangelists coming and I am looking forward to hearing more stories like this one! Keep standing on his promises!

Unknown said...

I am so sorry for all your troubles. I am also sad that we are both sharing this struggle with faith. A lot of things are falling part around me in my life and I know I am suppose to just pray, pray and pray and that the good Lord with help me in these times. But honestly I feel empty to, exhausted and find myself asking WHY ME. I know he is there, hes worked amazing strides in my life before but these last 2 years I feel like its all been a foggy dream. Sorry so much about myself I just wanted you to know you are not alone. PS. most of my babies didnt turn tell 34-35 weeks so you still have time ;)

Diana said...

You and I are SO much alike. I have been re-evaluating my faith this past few weeks also, due to my mom having ALS and not being healed by God, even after many many prayers have been lifted up for my mom's healing. But last night I had a vision of my mom and she was perfectly healthy. She is in a wheel chair right now, but we have found that pressure point massage has cured ALS patients. So she has been having that done for the past week and she is now getting spasms in her arms, which means her muscle is growing back.

And with my fourth pregnancy, my kidneys about gave out on me. You are very brave and trusting in God to have another pregnancy regardless of what has happened. My husband got fixed because he and I were afraid of what would happen if we had another one. And also, four was a handful for me.

Blessings to you and your family. And don't worry about what others think about you having 6 kids. The more kids you have, the more blessings, because children are blessings.