Thursday, December 20, 2007

New Homeschool, New Schedule

Okay, I am writing this for my friend. ;), who wants me to update.

Yes, I am homeschooling now with my 6 and 7 year old. I was off to a rough start because we have all been very sick the last month between flus and colds. On top of it, my newborn hasn't been sleeping well because she has a stuffed nose and tries to breathe out of it. Last night I finally found my "booger sucker" and was finally able to help her go to sleep around 4:30am. The other night my son woke up shaking violently with a 104 temperature. It was the middle of the night so I made a tepid bath for him to cool him down and gave him medicine. That quickly put his temperature down by 2 degrees. Then I laid on the floor next to him for the rest of the early morning so I could keep checking on him. By morning, his fever was gone. Sooo, things have been a little rough around here. As I was starting the homeschool process, I hadn't realized that it would take some time for the books that I ordered to come in. Once it came in, my computer started to act up. Thankfully it is all working now. My only thing I am working out now is how to set up my schedule. I am finding that I might need to wait until the little one's naptime in order to really be able to work with the boys well. Either that, or split the work up throughout the day. Any advice is helpful! I truly am happy with our decision but it'll just take some time to work out what will work best for our family. :)

Oh, by the way. I am not a "quiverfull" mom. For those who don't know, that's a mom who lets each baby come as God allows. Actually, if I did that I would have one baby every year because I am so fertile. I did that before which is why I have a 6 and 7 year old. Hee, hee.... But actually, I have a lot of work to do with my kids such as disciplines and behavior so I really want to focus on that for awhile before I welcome in a new one. :)

I hope all my blogging friends are having an awesome Christmas month!
Post a Comment