Saturday, October 27, 2007

The Pill

I found a great article about having children and what this means personally to my life. To each of us we hold our own beliefs in this regard. Over the years I have found myself changing with my views about birth control. It's not that I don't believe in a form of birth control, I just don't believe in "The Pill", or any type of it put in my body for that matter. I'm not the type that has a kid once a year, but I admire those who do. Those who let God control how many children they have just like the bible times. Those who have a quiver full. That's amazing. Anyhow, if this has been something on your mind, you might find this article very encouraging. I know I did. Thank you Kristin for the article.

Why Some Evangelicals are Throwing Out Birth Control
(And my self-centeredness along with it.)

2 comments:

Qtpies7 said...

My husband and I are "quiverful" and I love it! At first it was frightening, I could have a child every year! But I asked God to give me a break, at least a year, and He gave me two! By then I was begging God for another babe.
One major thing we have learned is that God will ALWAYS provide. We can't doubt it ever now. With each year that we trusted God with our family size, He came through, and with each child He provided the income and space and vehicles. Without fail. Bad time to get pregnant? It didn't happen, or it really turned out to be a GREAT time, we just didn't see it until we were through it.
It is the best way to learn faith in God. Because having a child is something you will never regret.
It is about a lot more than having children, it is about becoming more Christ-like, learning faith and trust.
Children are like a mirror that reflects the truth about yourself. The more that you have, the more things that you will see about yourself and submit to God. And the more you do that, the better behaved your younger kids are, haha!

Virginia Revoir said...

That was really powerful and encouraging! Thank you for sharing.