Thursday, September 20, 2012

Today is a Brand New Day

Ohhhh, yesterday was a bad day.  I had a really bad headache from the time I woke up and it only mildly went down before bedtime that night.  It got so bad I had to just go in my room and sleep during the day.  Charles was home so I was able to.  I got up around 5pm only to find out that Charles now had a bad migraine and had to lay down.  His was really bad and he couldn't get up till night time several hours later.  Poor guy.  :(  Needless to say we had to miss church and our sleep schedule got all mixed up.  I dislike days like that because we couldn't homeschool or do chores.  Looking at my work load and not feeling well made me eventually cry. Not like crazy crying, just sit-on-the-bed-and have-one-tear kinda cry.  3 year old Caleb walked up to me and asked really sad, "What's wrong, Mom?  Did Daddy give you a spankin'?"  Oh my goodness, that was so cute I smiled, gave him a big hug, and was back on my feet in a jiffy.  Kids are so cute.

Do you know what it's like to have a large family and not do chores on a DAILY basis?  I bet a lot of you know!  Ha ha.  Lots of kids makes for LOTS of messes.  Since everyone was thrown off their time schedule we were all up at midnight.  Charles actually called for all the kids to do their chores.  I had to chuckle because who makes kids do chores at midnight?  They were happy because they were full of energy and mommy always blasts fun music when it's chore time.  I'm sure if the neighbors heard music blasting, kids laughter, and a mom's voice singing loudly, they would wonder why in the world there is so much racket at midnight.  Oh well!  

Whenever I've had a really, really bad day I always tell myself that this is a day all in of itself.  The bad does not have to bleed into the next.  Every morning I wake up and say, "This is a brand new day!"  It is!  Let the worries from yesterday stay in the past and let tomorrow take care of itself.  Today is a new day.  Today I will once again pray that work comes into my husband's office so Charles can go in.  Today I'm grateful that my kids have not yet grown up and moved out but they are still under my wings.  Today I still have my girls that love to twirl around in their costumes and my boys that still like to play soldiers.  I still have my baby that smiles every time mommy walks into view.  Thank goodness.  Today is a brand new day.

1 comment:

Tereza said...

Aaaww hugs!! Indeed!! Let a brand new day be full of joy!!