Friday, June 14, 2013

One Good Reason to Love My Fat - JUST ONE!


You'll see what I mean in a few. Yesterday I had the most amazing day.  I had gotten some test done to see what's going on inside of me.  You know, blood tests to show how I've been eating and measure other things in my body.  Basically, my stress levels were really high but it's obvious I eat well.  Those are the only two I remember.  The nutritionist told me that my body is not allowing me to lose weight because of my stress and I had to destress.  Okaaaay..... where to start?

At around 9pm Charles told me I could go to the gym and just workout alone and swim.  He said don't worry about the time.  So I didn't.  I didn't come home till 1:30am.  So what did I do all that time?  I had a protein shake in the restaurant.  Amazingly yummy.  The one I got is called Strawberry Sunrise.  I got to talk to a friend I don't get to talk to often while sipping my drink in the healthy restaurant.  No hiding in the bathroom so she can hear me.  Heh heh.  Then I went up to the gym and did some serious cardio for 45 minutes, lifted weights for another 45 minutes.  Then I went down to the pool and swam 10 laps.  I discovered something AMAZING that I've NEVER been able to do.  I floated and I accidentally discovered it!  You see, when you are bone skinny all your life you can't float.  No fat hardly!  So I was just doing some backstrokes and noticed I was floating.  I realized that the hated fat I had finally made it possible to float on my back in water.  YES!

HALLELUJAH!

I just wanted to float forever because I felt so light.  Ha ha.  For once I was thanking my fat. THANK YOU, FAT!  Okay, I can't be TOO okay with that because I'd like to lose some.  Turns out, the reason my tummy especially is holding onto some fat is because my cortisol levels are so high from stress.  It makes your body go into a fight or flight mode.  Holds onto fat around your belly.  I thought it was from having babies but in a way I can still call it BABY FAT.  Ha!  Stress from kids. 



After 3 hours of working out I picked up a good book called The Birth Order Book that I've read 5 years ago but needed to read again and got in the jacuzzi.  It felt amazing!!  Letting all my muscles just relax.

I decided to go into the steam room but I'm scared of rooms where you can't see anything beyond your own hand.  Well, even though it was only for women I was scared!  I opened the door and let it close behind me but held onto the handle.  I figured I was totally alone and HOPED I really was.  Finally, I was too scared so I opened the door and just let allllllll the steam out. I still couldn't see well but just a little better.  I was relieved not to see anyone and figured maybe I would be safe enough.  Just as I was closing the door behind me I heard a voice in the fog that said, "Could you turn the steam back on?"  I jumped so high I ran out of there like a crazy lady.  Aaaaaaagh!  Just glad I didn't fall.  I got home around 1:30, felt amazing, and just crashed.

I woke up to a delivery of flowers.  I didn't see a name on it and only the words MY LOVE.  Um, who is this from?  I got a little worried but was just hoping it was from Charles.  Ha ha.  I got the hint when I got a text from my husband that said, "Good morning, my love!"  Ohhhhhh, so it was my very own stalker.  My husband who's been following me for 14 years!  Lovin' it too. Not perfect but perfect for me.

No comments: