Sunday, June 23, 2013

Amazing Souperman Detox Recipe

Here is the amazing Souperman recipe that I fell in love with during my 48 hour detox.  Wanted to share!  This lasted me 3 days and it worked!  NOT sure about adding the chicken broth and chicken as far as detoxing but it DID work for me in weight loss so I wanted to share.

 
 
To make exactly without the chicken broth or chicken here is recipe:
 
Ingredients
Makes 5 servings

2 red onions, roughly chopped
2 stalks celery, roughly chopped
1 fennel bulb, fronds and stalks included, roughly chopped
2 tsp caraway seeds
2 tsp sea salt
Freshly ground pepper
1 cup sliced shitake caps
4 large cloves garlic, chopped
1 cabbage, roughly chopped
2 quarts water
2 tbsp paprika
2 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
8 sprigs parsley, chopped stems and leaves
1/2 cup parsley, chopped

Directions
Combine all ingredients, except for the chopped parsley, in a pot. Add 2 quarts of water.

Bring to a boil and then reduce heat. Simmer covered for about 1 hour. Adjust seasoning.

Remove whole parsley sprigs and serve topped with some freshly chopped parsley.

Serve with a side of traditionally fermented sauerkraut and chopped apples (warm or room temperature).
 
 
 
I wasn't super excited about the flavor so I decided to cook a whole chicken in a separate pot.  Once cooked I combined both the vegetable broth and the chicken broth.  Half and half.  I shredded the chicken and added to the soup.  Much better!  Add Sea Salt for taste if desired.
 
 
Yummy!
 
 


No comments: