Friday, March 20, 2009

Trials and Hard Times For Friend

My friend and her three kids are staying with us for awhile. Divorce is an ugly thing that cracks and bruises the heart. It's sad to see first hand what it does to little kids that don't understand why their daddy is gone. I'm glad to be here to give lots of hugs. Seeing what divorce does first hand because I'm experiencing what my friend is going through, makes me sick to my stomach. It really does feel like a death. I think "My God, 50% of marriages end in divorce"? This is sad! It's heart breaking. My heart is breaking watching it unfold and I hate every moment of it. As a friend, I hate to see this happen. I am fortunate my parents are married still and so I've never had to experience it. I never want to. I am one of the fortunate ones. Sigh.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you feel uncomfortable posting your "friends" personal info on the web?

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Wow, if this is as personal as you get with other people's information, you wouldn't sell many celebrity magazines.

:]

Hugs. BTW, you know my real name.

Chris H said...

From a Personal aspect ... divorce can also be a blessing!
When I left my first husband we had 4 young children... one of the main reasons I left was because he couldn't stand his own children... people didn't believe me when I told them that... but I have been proved RIGHT.. he hasn't seen them since the day I left... 25 years ago now!
It wasn't even hard on my kids ... they didn't miss him at all!
So, usually it is a sad thing to go through and put one's children through, but not always!
I am sorry your friend and her children are having a hard time of it... hopefully it will work out for the best.