Saturday, March 21, 2009

How To Clean With A Herd

Okay, so how does one go about cleaning a house that consists of eight kids? I've never been there. So I asked someone today how their mom did it with ten kids. She said the mom didn't. The kids cleaned and the mom did all the cooking and laundry. I thought that was interesting. No wonder all those kids are such awesome housekeepers. They did the bulk of it all growing up. So the only thing I can think of to keep a handle on things is to have all the kids straighten up before every meal time. No one can eat until all the toys, clothes, etc are all picked up. So far that's worked good. Half the time I forget though. LOL. This week I'm gonna go through and try to throw out stuff to make it simpler. :) If you have any great ideas, please let me know. :D

1 comment:

Chris H said...

Write up a 'job' list... everyone has to do something...no matter how young they are!
Well ..ok ..if you can't walk yet you are exempt! lol
Even very young children can do something... like pick up toys.