Saturday, April 25, 2009

Passionate Blogger Award

I received this award from The 'K' Family. I used to go to school with her also back in High School for one year! :) Thanks for passing this on to me!
The Rules:
1. Put the logo in your blog
2. Write five things you are passionate about apart from blogging
3. Tag 5 people on your lists and let them know you tagged them.
Things I am passionate about:
1. First and foremost, my relationship with Jesus Christ. My testimony is that I was raised in a Christian church from the time I was in my mom's tummy. I served God as a little girl but as I grew older I began to shun God and shun His Word. I found every way to turn my back on him by rebelling against my parents and anyone with any type of authority. No one could tell me what to do. I thought boys were the answer and I figured that there was something fun out there that I was missing out on. By the time I was 18 I was in a terrible relationship and I was so beat down in my mind and body that I was 15 lbs under my healthy weight. I lived alone stubbornly and away from church. I tried to be religious and go to a church where I would never be confronted of my sin (of immorality). I even wore a cross around my neck to make me feel okay. Eventually I came to the rock bottom of my sin and misery and I fell on the floor of my apartment and asked Jesus to come into my heart and save me. He did! I was able to get back up with a complete changed heart and it was immediate. I moved out of my apartment and cut off every sin that I had allowed in my life. I cut off every avenue. It's been 11 years since then and I've never gone back! I thank God for what he's done in my life.
2. My family. I loooooooove having kids and an incredibly awesome hubby.How did I get so blessed? People give me a hard time for having kids but I don't regret it. I don't care what they say. They can have their nice house and fancy cars. I'll take this family God's blessed me with. They have their treasure.... I have mine. :D
3. Animals and Gardening. I love caring for chickens and animals and plants. It's so fun to go out and feed the chickens, look for the hidden eggs and such. Something about animals. They just lower my pulse and keep me calm. I can be a very hyper person you know. So this is something I need. Watering my garden and eating it's vegetables is so cool. My very own. Just awesome.
4. Sleep. I have to agree with my friend. I even day dream about how awesome it is at night to just lay down with a good book and drift off to sleep. I love it so much! My mom said when I was a baby, I'd sleep so much she'd shake me to make sure I was still alive. I don't know how people can not care about sleep. Sigh. It's just beautiful. The whole thing. I really hope God will allow us to sleep in Heaven just for the fun of it even though we won't need sleep. As long as I don't miss out on any great food.
5. Discovering new recipes. It's so fun to try something new and it turn out great! Especially baking. I like baking so much more than just cooking. It's so great to pull something beautiful out of the oven and it just turn out fantastic.
Passionate Bloggers I pass this award on to:

2 comments:

Chris H said...

Why thank you! I will post it tomorrow.

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

:] Thanks, Virginia!