Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Goodbye


Well, I babysat my niece and nephews one last time today before they move to Cape town, South Africa. It's bittersweet because I'm so happy for them to go and be missionaries. But on the other side of it, my heart is broken. I will miss watching the 4 children (ages 9, 7, 4, 2) that I so love very much. Last night I was just thinking how I'd love to babysit them one more time before they leave. Jodee came by today asking last minute if I could watch them all day so they could take care of some paperwork business. I was overjoyed to have the opportunity. When they walked back out the door at the end of the day, I felt my heart break. : ( I'm glad it is breaking for it's reason. They're not moving away just to pursue a better job, or a different church, or just to move to a different state. They have roots where God planted them. Now they are following their destiny. So if my heart were to break at all, to see them leave, this is the best heartbreak I've ever had.

No comments: