Friday, June 27, 2008

My Poor...Wet... Laptop

New Update: Okay, so it turns on, but it gets stuck at times loading Windows. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I will probably have to reload Windows and stuff. ARgh. I'm just glad the whole thing is not busted. I mean, Ivy SOAKED it with water gun till water was coming out. It's a miracle it even turns on. So, we'll see how it goes. I gotta go buy Windows Software to do this. When I bought this laptop from someone, she promised to mail over the cd it came with. She had lost it so, go figure, I haven't gotten it. Will have to go invest. Or go buy another laptop. We'll see. :)

Update: IT WORKS! IT WORKS! IT WORKS! IT TOOK AWHILE BUT ONCE IT DRIED OUT IT STARTED WORKING AGAIN. YEEHAW! (I'm so excited. Can you tell?)

Last night while I was out with my friends, Charles was hanging out with his friend Roger at our house. Well, right when I walked in the door one of my boys told me that my laptop is broken. I'm like, "whhhaaaat?" Oh my. I hope this isn't true. My husband told me that Ivy got a squirt gun and went straight for my laptop. Before daddy could get her, my laptop was completely and totally soaked. Charles unplugged it. Later after it dried out some, I saw that it was completely dead still. Today, it turned on but it freezes when it's tries to load windows. You have to know, that is my baby! I take it with me places like to coffee shops and stuff. Sometimes while laying in bed I'll read other blogs. It's just my ultimate , amazing, and awesome toy. So, you know, I'm a little bummed. Right now I am typing on my gargantuan computer. Well, it feels that way to me after working on a little laptop for so long. It's harder to type on this bigger keyboard. Gosh. I'm so spoiled. I should quit complaining. I hope my laptop works again! Gosh, I love living in America. I know I say that a lot. I can't help it! We have such an abundance here. I am grateful I have a computer at least. Still.... I love my laptop.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh hugs to you!!!! I would be so upset

Julie said...

Oh no. That is definitely something that would make me cry. I hope it dries out and works for you again. My youngest did the same thing to our TV when it was new. It eventually came back on but the volume buttons have to be used manually. The remote won't work for them anymore.

Julie

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Hope it works again!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Virginia for visiting my site. I can't believe you have 5 children. Good for you! As my husband and I didn't get married until we were 32 and 30 we started having our kids later. We have two wonderful boys and I couldn't ask for more. Two is our limit but we are happy. As you I love my laptop and can't imagine being without it. Hopefully a little sunhine will help dry it out. Keep checking back as I will be tagging you on mine. BTW... love the slideshow on the top and how you were able to load music. Wonderful job on the site. I am a beginer so I still have quite alot to learn.

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

YAY!! Glad it isn't permanently damaged!

Karen said...

I'm glad the laptop works again!!

I feel blessed to live in America too!! :)

Anonymous said...

I had something similar happen to my laptop a few months ago, so glad it starting working. :)