Monday, June 09, 2008

I Know Where I Got My Dimples!

For soooo many years, people asked me where I got my dimples. I had no clue. My parents didn't have them. One day I saw this picture of my grandfather and I realized exactly where I got them! Ha! I'm glad I found out. I've wondered for years. My grandpa did not live past the age of 29 so I never got to meet him. Nor his wife, Ivy, who died at 22. So my dad had not parents past the age of 4. It's amazing he did so well raising us when he didn't really have any parents to model after. My mom and dad went through a lot but they came out on top. I know that's by God's grace because they both had given their hearts to Christ before I was even born.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jen,
That is so nice to read that our daughter wants the world to know that her parents did their best. I guess under the circumstances, we did all that we could . If we could change anything in the past we would. But because it's impossible, we just have to go forward and trust God for our future decisions. Prayer is sooooooo very important, and especially the way the world is going.. We need God's strength and direction, more and more....Somedays it's like, Rapture me please!!! this world can be sooooo cruel!!(as you know) Love, Mom..
ps- We are proud that our 3 married daughters gave us 11 beautiful grand-children!!! Oh! and 3 Sons!! WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT DAD AND I WOULD HAVE SUCH AN AWSOME PRIVLEDGE!!!