Thursday, June 05, 2008

My Little Girl


I remember when I told my husband, "I'm never gonna get a little girl"! I told him I would try 10 times to get a daughter. I don't think there is anything wrong with saying that you really hope for a girl while you are pregnant. I have friends that believe that causes rejection. Yes, with my third I hoped for a girl and I got another little boy. Still, I held that little baby boy and was so grateful for him. I wouldn't trade my girls for a truck load of girls! (Girls scare me anyway). My boys are such a precious gift! When I was pregnant with my fourth, I again hoped for a little girl. When they told me in my first ultrasound that they are 80% sure I'm having a girl, I held my breath. When they told me in my second ultrasound they were 99.9% sure I was having a girl, I went to buy a girl outfit with my mom and sister. When my husband said at the birth, "It's a girl!", I said "Yeah, right! I want to hear it from the doctor!" I had just pushed her out and hadn't got to see her yet. Ha ha! I am every so grateful and next month she will be 3! Wow! Even better, I was lucky enough to be surprised to have a second girl. My little Ashley. I am so incredibly blessed. I couldn't help but take this picture thinking, "Boy, time flies"! Yesterday Ivy came to me and said, "Mommy, I not a girl." I said, "What do you mean. Yes you are." She said, "No mommy, I'm not! I'm not a girl.... I'm a princess"! LOL. Yes you are. My little princess.

3 comments:

Chris H said...

Ha ha, I can understand this, only in reverse! I had 3 girls first , then 3 boys! The first boy hardly ever wore his nappy cos I had to keep checking his 'gear' was still there! LOL! Your wee princess is adorable.

Anonymous said...

I SO badly wanted a little girl. I still do. However, we are done having kids and even though I would also never want to trade my boys for a girl, I'll always wished I had my own

Pfingston said...

a-dor-a-ble!