Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I Killed My Parakeets!

Where we live it gets pretty darn hot around here. So over the weekend, I think on Saturday, I went out to feed and give water to our chickens and our Great Dane. Well, in the rush that I was, I forgot to make sure our parakeets had water. I fill it up every other day so it's not like I don't check often. So, because I forgot, I went out two days ago and found them face down in their cage....

SNIFF......

They were out of water. They are in shade but it don't matter. They must've been playing in their water and emptied it out quickly. They do that a lot. Well, I came in the house and I cried and cried and cried. The kids were saying, "What's wrong mommy"? I finally told them what happened and they ran outside to see for themselves. It just broke my heart. I know... they are just parakeets. I love animals. No, I'm not weird about it. I don't like feeling like I killed them though. Like the time we had a bunny rabbit and I was little. I put a shiny penny in it's cage to see what it would do and the bunny choked on it and died. We had to all bury it. It was very sad and I felt so guilty. It's kind of like the time I tried to catch my pet fish and I accidentally squished it to death. Geesh....
Oh did I tell you my rooster escaped a couple of weeks ago out of it's pen and died! Daisy didn't attack it but I think she played with it and well... she's a great dane so she is really strong. Ugh... so I'm having a hard couple of weeks. I already feel like utter poop about it. So, I cried again last night at church when I told a friend. Not bawling. Just tears because I felt so bad. Okay, I am just way too sensitive of a person. Sheesh. I even cried when my son's pet grasshopper died. We cried together. It's hard going through life this sensitive!!!

No comments: