Thursday, August 17, 2006

Thursday Thirteen #5



Thirteen Responses To Silly Questions I've Endured




*Please remember that I've shared these with you in light humor. I don't mind any question I get from anyone as long as it's not rude. All of the responses are said politely and some with good humor! Never upset. :) I am just learning to get creative since I hear them so much. Hee, hee...

1. (About having children) "Did you know there are ways to prevent this?" My response: "Oh my gosh, they came out with little pills to stop pregnancy? You're kidding me! Wow! I never knew!

2. (To someone saying "My, you have your hands full"), I say back "Ohhh... Not quite sister"! That doesn't mean I'm having any more kids, I just love saying that.

3. "Are they all yours?" My response, "No, I just love the neighbor's kids so much I can't help but take them with me every where I go. I even take them home and feed them to."

4. "Did you plan their birthday to be 2 weeks apart". My response: "Oh yes, carefully planned! Somehow I just happen to conceive at the right moment every single time and I got lucky that they came out when I told them to!"

5. "Now that you have your girl, are you done?" My response: "I'll have to think about that one. I haven't turned the oven off yet. I'll think about it when I'm about 50."

6. "You spank your kids?" My response: "Yes I do, gladly, so I don't have little Hitlers running around trying to rule the world."

7. "My you have a lot of kids, do you know what causes that?" My response: "No!! Do you? I've been going around asking everyone and people just run away from me. I've been wondering why!"

8. "Maybe since you have so many kids, you just need to get a TV". My response: "I don't have a TV. I don't need to watch other people having a life. I like getting out and having one of my own."

9. (I was asked by someone today while walking into McDonalds), "You have four kids? Do you believe in big families? I said, "If you can handle 'em, then feel free to have them. Otherwise, don't have them."

10. "Don't you know how much those kids are gonna cost you?" My response: "Yes, and that's why my husband has a good career. You don't have to give your kids their every wish and desire. Let them know that their wish is not your every command." That's the beautiful thing about having a career, if you lose your job, it's easy to get another in that field.

11. "Don't you know that people should only have 2 kids?" My response: "Sir, do you believe in the bible? You do? Okay, all over the bible, it says children are an inheritance from the Lord and a blessing. If it ain't against God, it can't be too bad for you. The day I care about how the world approves of me is the day I start to get grimy in it."

12. "My, you're young! Are you like 18 living with your mom having kids?" My response: "Gasp! How did you guess?"

13. "What are you gonna do when your kids go to school this year?" My response: "CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN!!!!" LOL!


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!



15 comments:

Anonymous said...

people can be extemely rude and insensitive when they ask questions. it's good you have quick retorts. :)

my list is up!

Tink said...

Great answers, they made me smile! :-)
My TT is about happy things.

*~*Michelle*~* said...

I can't believe the things people ask! I had someone ask me why I only had one child -- a complete stranger! Whose business is that?!?!

Great list!

My TT is up!

Happy Thursday, Jenny!

Mary Jo said...

That's funny. I think it's cool you are able to have as many children as you want. More power to you.

My list is up too!

Zeus said...

As someone who is the oldest of 12 in one litter, let me just tell you that a) I loved your attitude in response to these questions and b) you are correct when you say that children are a blessing from the Lord. May you have many fond memories as they grow up!

Happy Thursday, and feel free to check out my own list should you want!

Anonymous said...

Too funny! I have 4 kids & have been asked some of the same questions, especially about preventing it, what caused it, and the one I couldn't quite believe, when people at church told me we should get a tv! I'm not quick enough to think of a snappy answer, fun list!

Julie said...

Love your list.We have four kids too and we get those looks like how can you handle all those kids?:) I love everyone of my kids and wouldn't have it any other way. Great TT today!!

K said...

Great responses to these questions you get asked! I really like the replies you give to questions #10 and #11.

K T Cat said...

I laughed out loud at #7 and loved #8.

Barbara said...

I love your question and answers! My daughter can relate to #9. She not only has 4 children, she's been a single Mom for 6 years, and raising them on her own. Some people just have the nerve to ask such silly questions!

Check out my TT

Anonymous said...

#6 GOOD FOR YOU!! And I loved the Hitler reference because geez louise, ain't that the truth!

Isn't it annoying that people feel they have the RIGHT to ask you such questions?

Have a great day!

Stephanie said...

Love your list...I have a small family (only one child....) but my hearts desire is to have a much much larger family....its funny, though b/c I only have one, people feel comfortable to comment (negatively) on larger families...then I tell them I would LOVE to have 4,5 (whatever the number) children...then they back track and eventually change the subject.

Stephanie said...

Love your list! I have a small family (only one child...for now) but my hearts desire is to have a large family and home full of kiddos!

Anonymous said...

I like your list :)

Fingers To Toes Photography said...

*SMILE* great list to some pretty STUPID questions! The one I love lately is "Are you EVER going to stop nursing?" Um, yes, I plan to stop as soon as he enters High School! ACK!