Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Tackle It Tuesday 8-01-06



Okay, this is a little late in coming, but last week I had actually accomplished two huge tasks so I have to share this one with you since I didn't get a chance. Well, I've never been truly "caught up" with my laundry. With a family of six (I know it's not a lot) I kept falling a little bit further behind. Before I knew it, I had a lot of clothes to wash. Since I didn't think to take a picture ahead of time. You'll just have to see a picture of my precious Super Capacity Whirlpool top of the line washer and dryer set. I say that with a lot of affection. It was actually a pleasure doing business with them. Anyhow, I washed over 35 loads of laundry so I stayed up doing it till midnight every night for a week. By the time we put the last load in, Charles and I celebrated. I was truly "caught up". Not one more thing to wash. I'm so proud. It was not an easy task by anymeans and my back hurt, but I am officially a free woman from the Laundry Demon. Tell me your story!

12 comments:

Chrissy said...

I am SO impressed!! I have four children, too (7 years between the oldest and youngest, so you win! :-) and the laundry just gets bigger and takes up more space.

Thanks for visiting my blog! You're playing one of my all-time favorite songs, btw! C

Laura said...

35 loads of laundry!!!!! Oh my gosh I will never complain about laundry again...LOL. That is definitely a great Tackle it Tuesday. Thanks for sharing. I've added you to my favorites and I'll be back.

Annie said...

I am in love with your washer and dryer, I think you deserve them with all your laundry!! I only have 1 child so I can't even imagine the laundry you have.

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

OH I'm drooling.. those machines are SOOOO beautiful!

WTG Mom!

Cheers!

Julie

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Gosh woman with 4 kids you better believe they'll pay for themselves! A VERY wise investment indeed I'd say!!! (and it doesn't hurt that they do look so very very pretty does it ;))

Cheers!

Julie

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! I know how great it is to get caught up on laundry (not that it happens much in *our* family of six, lol). Congrats!

Fingers To Toes Photography said...

WOOT, what a job you caught up on! You should be soo proud! :)

Ours is up too, http://parenting-news.hightopbabydesigns.com

Enjoy your THursday!

Anonymous said...

How awesome that you completed your task of laundry...I am so happy for you...

What an awesome washer and dryer set to help you with the never-ending task.

The Tempest said...

Holy cow! I'm impressed. With my family of 7 I never see the bottom of the baskets either.

I'm JEALOUS of your machines!!!! :-)

Meira{FB} said...

LOL! As a mother of 5 children, (four are now grown and doing their own laundry). I understand completely. Your gonna think this comment strange. But enjoy it while you can. You'll turn your head and they'll all be gone, have families of their own..........

Shereen said...

Please tell me you were exaggerating with the 35 loads. lol I know what you mean though, I also have four children. The laundry is a rough one to keep up with. Thanks for visiting my blog!!

Virginia Revoir said...

no exaggeration here. Ask my husband! I did it all day and night for a week. I have 3 boys and a baby girl and they can dirty their clothes very fast.