Monday, August 28, 2006

Pilates and Further Means of Torture


After I waved goodbye to 2 school buses this morning, I headed straight for my Pilates Class. If you don't know what Pilates is just think of a form of abdominal torture. But they put nice music with it to make you think it's relaxing. So, as I'm doing crunches, I'm thinking about all the things I could be doing right now rather than trying to improve my figure. Like eating a Big Mac with Jalepenos. After about a half hour of blood, sweat, and (almost) tears, I get called to go change Ivy's diaper. Yay! So I escaped for 5 minutes for a blissful diaper changing moment in the bathroom. Trust me, it was a nice vacation. I drug myself back into the class for another half hour. When it was done I was starting to yawn as I always do when I work out hard. You would think that Pilates was enough for me but, oh no, it's not. I headed straight next door to the Strength Endurance class for another hour. By this time my yawns were coming every few minutes. I drug myself to the weights and tried to find the smallest ones. Dang. I couldn't get 2 pounders, I had to go for 5. I was hoping to get off really easy today. When I saw who my instructor was, my shoulders sank because she's like the bootcamp lady. Her name is Chinnaz. Man, she's hard and she doesn't let you get away with anything. Not even bad posture. After about 40 minutes, I was starting to yawn so much I decided I had to go get some coffee before drill instructor Chinnaz seeks me out. I was afraid she'd make me drop and give her 50 pushups. I snuck out, got my coffee and relished it sitting down. When I first started this class, I asked a lady what kind of intensity it was. She said, "Oh it's not a high intensity class." Well, she lied. So, there is my Monday Morning routine. After 2 hours of that, I relax by cleaning the house, washing dishes, and doing laundry. :) Exciting, Yeah?! That's what I think too.

2 comments:

Jen said...

So the funeral is when??????? Are you still alive...????? More brave than I'am.
Jen

Virginia Revoir said...

I know! Believe it or not, I have another Pilates class in the morning. I'm still sore.