Saturday, February 12, 2011

Savings Lives Takes Action


It's been a wonderful journey with Reece's Rainbow and helping to give to families that want to adopt, but don't have the funds. Thank you to my friends and bloggers for supporting it. All the times I've thrown money at a morning coffee, went thru a drivethru for a quick burger, or just saw a sale for something I didn't really need..... it's not nearly, a million miles, close to what it feels like to help bring a child closer to the waiting arms of a wonderful family.

It's funny because just before I heard about Reece's Rainbow, I was searching online for a charity I wanted to support. Within the same week, Patti contacted me about a giveaway she wanted to do, using her own Christmas present she never got to open. All so that she could bring people together to save a life.  What started out as an idea, became an action, and is saving lives.

That life was sweet Olga. (Has a family!)

Then it was Kareen (Has a family!)

Then Peter (Has a family!)

Now, little Artem

I got a message on facebook from a lady I don't know. She said that donating wasn't important and that prayers are more powerful anyway. 

I agree that prayer is powerful.

But I also think giving AND prayer makes for a pretty POWERFUL combination.  As you can see!

Kind of like hoping and praying that the world will know about Jesus.  But are we willing to share Jesus with people around us?

I think it's pretty darn cool that with the money we gave, that was pooled together, was able to save a life.  I would rather trade a lifetime of Starbucks coffee's anyday than miss out on saving a precious life such as these.



**************************************


Then I found


Campus Book Rentals offers new and gently used textbooks for typically less than half the price you'll pay in your school bookstore. Search for the college books you need and save!


Here's the part that hits my soft spot....


For EVERY book rented starting now, they will donate a portion of those proceeds to...   
Before
After


"We're ecstatic to announce our 2011 Making a Difference Program. We have officially teamed up with Operation Smile, an out of this world, awesome organization, that performs life changing cleft lip surgeries on children whose families could not otherwise afford it. The long term Improvement in quality of life for the children that receive these surgeries is almost incomprehensible. We have committed to donating enough to cover a minimum of 1,000 life changing surgeries. We hope To beat that number, but it's a significant commitment."


Not ONLY can you save HUGE on your textbooks you need to get anyway for college, you are helping to give smiles to these precious kids.


3 comments:

kecia said...

Thanks again for all you have done!

Virginia Revoir said...

We love you guys, Kecia. You are a wonderful family.

Zsuzsanna said...

Well, I hope if that lady who said that will have someone do more for her than just hope and pray if she gets in a serious accident, is drowning, or otherwise in peril.

When we pray, we pray for a human vessel to do God's will. Obviously, God isn't going to come to earth as a person himself again to adopt every orphan.

Ugh. I could go on, but I won't.

I'm glad to see you helping these children.