Monday, February 21, 2011

Favorite Game Day Recipes


Today the guys are coming to play a game around our table.  So usually I'm in the kitchen cookin' up some stuff throughout the day.  I love to do this for the guys as they work hard everyday and are looking forward to a relaxing day.  I love to hear about fun snacks so I thought I'd post a couple of my favorites!  None are my creation.  I just love them and I thought I'd share.  I will add pictures later when I actually make them today.





Chicken Wing Dip
(Like eating buffalo wings but it's a dip for chips)


1 (8 oz each) pkg. cream cheese
1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
1/2 cup Franks Hot sauce-cayenne pepper sauce
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (or crumbled blue cheese)
2 (9.75 oz) cans chunk chicken breast in water, drained

Combine all ingredients into a small crock pot and cook on high.  Heat until dip is warm and all cheese is melted. Serve with tortilla chips







*************************

My friend Michele brought this over once and it's become one of our favorites and it's really easy to find on the internet.  There are different variations:

Chili Cream Cheese Dip



2 cans of Hormel Chili (chunky with beans)
1 (8 oz) pkg of cream cheese

Melt cream cheese in chili in a bowl in microwave.  Then stir together and serve with Ruffle Potato chips.  Super yummy!









***************************

AND the guys requested their favorite hamburgers and I pull this recipe I've used for 12 years from Better Homes and Gardens cookbook (given as a wedding gift)!  For some reason it's been different in each recipe book but I've stuck with this one as it's my favorite.

My Burgers


1 beaten egg
2 Tablespoons of milk or water
3/4 cup soft bread crumbs (1 slice) or 1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
2 Tablespoons chopped onion 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1 Tablespoon prepared mustard or 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1 clove garlic, minced, or 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder (I only used the fresh garlic.Makes big difference)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 pound of ground beef

I add a dash of ketchup (like Gordon Ramsey) in it and soy sauce.

I mix it all together and then after I form the patties, I sprinkle on both sides soy sauce and Hamburger Seasoning.  Then I cooked on Medium heat in a pan, each side, for 4 minutes.  Serve on Hamburger buns.  However, I have to double the recipe for my family of 8.

1 comment:

Musings of a Housewife said...

This looks DELICIOUS.