Thursday, October 05, 2006

Thursday Thirteen #10



Thirteen Things I love about being a wife!



1. First off, I couldn't be a wife to anybody but Charles because he is the easiest person in the world to live with. For that, I am truly blessed. (I hope I'm not the hardest. Hee, hee... ).

2. Second I would have to say I love being a wife because since I'm a girl, I can't be the husband. Just kidding. I'm so lucky to be a girl because I would not want the burden men carry of providing for their families and not having much of any other choice. As a woman, I can have the choice of so many different things because I've been given that option.

3. I love being the wife because I love to bake and I love seeing the look on my husband's face when I set dinner on the table. It's so good to hear him say, "Mmmmm! This looks good!"

4. I love washing his underwear. Ha! Just kidding! That would be weird. No, but I do love washing his favorite pajamas and then later hearing him rummaging through his drawers. Then I hear, "Yes! My favorite!"

5. I love being the decorator. Even though I live in an apartment, I love it when someone knocks on my door and when I answer says, "Wow! This is the nicest apartment here! You decorate really nice."

6. I love getting up in the morning and looking nice so when my husband comes home, I don't look like a truck hit me. I love it when he says, "Hi beautiful!" Not only that, but taking 10 minutes to freshen up even though I'm just at home makes me feel good about myself. (Then you won't freak when surprise company comes over.)

7. I love being the one in the day time to have to run an errand (instead of sitting at a desk) and go to Target to buy stuff. Going to buy toilet paper always leads to oohing and awwing over the fun isles.

8. I love it when people don't think I'm married and then when they see my four kids, their eyes pop out of their head. They always say, "Oh my gosh, how old are you?! Like 20?!" I say, "Actually, I'm more like 27 and I've been married for almost 8 years." Then they look for my ring.

9. I love how when guys try to (be little stinkin’ perverts) check me out, I can flash them my finger (my ring finger that is) and say, "I got a man!"

10. My favorite time of the day is always 5:15pm because that's the exact minute my best friend (husband) comes home. I have a problem with pacing by the window if he comes home any later. :P

11. I love looking at my wedding pictures every now and then just to remember how truly blessed I am. We almost didn't get married because of other people but we are so glad we did. It was a million times worth it. You have to follow your heart and I'm glad I did.

12. I love having someone to ride in the van with, someone to share my burdens and joys with, someone to share my dreams with.

13. I love having someone to pillow fight with. Someone to share my day with. Someone to sip tea with. Someone to just share my life with. How could I possibly fit this into only 13 things?!!

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

22 comments:

Girlie said...

Jenny, this is a great 13. I think I'll do this theme next week...copied idea from you...if you don't mind.

I love decorating, but I get frustrated. Somehow, I get lost in the middle and all I end up with is a huge giant mess!

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

You're a wonderful woman! You're hubby should be very proud of you.
BTW, I love your background. How'd you do that? I've seen many in the internet but don't know where to put it.
Mine's up too.

Anonymous said...

Your list makes me go "Awwww". I'll only be a wife in another 10-15 years time- maybe more. I will never know! :D

Anonymous said...

That is just the sweetest TT! I love being a wife too. It'll be 5 years in 9 days though I'm still learning a lot. My DH must be very patient! We have 3 children no more than 2 yrs apart!

Your Twin in Cyberspace!

Colleen said...

Question #1 - exactly how long have you been married? haha!! I love being married too, most days!

Anonymous said...

Nice! I love being a wife too. I don't think we've ever had a pillow fight though :)

Sally F said...

Awesome 13! Isn't a happy marriage the greatest thing in the world? Good job for following your heart and then working hard and having fun for 8 years and counting!!!

Anonymous said...

:) glad to hear you're loving your marriage!

Gattina said...

Oh my isn't that romantic ! But I agree even after 36 years of mariage !

Anonymous said...

My reasons are a bit different, but I love being a wife too!
My TT is about witches.

Jane said...

I have been married for 33 years and I am still gloriously in love with him. The secret is that there are three people in our marriage....me, my hubby and God.
Thanks for stopping by my T13.

The Schooligan said...

Baking is awesome! I'm sad when I hear that people don't do this anymore.

The Schooligan said...

Baking is awesome! I'm sad when I hear that people don't do this anymore.

Uisce said...

awwww that's really sweet! happy TT!

Chaotic Mom said...

I WISH my hubby came home at the same time every day! I would love your #8, too. ;)

Anonymous said...

You sound like a very lucky lady! Great 13!

http://roozgal.typepad.com/doubleduty/

Anonymous said...

Awww that made me cry!!

Pfingston said...

excellent list! Great attitude!

Anonymous said...

That is the sweetest list I've read all day! I hope you have some time to stop by my blog and see my Thursday Thirteen about the world when I was born.

Anonymous said...

What a fun list! I've seen so many posts lately in the blogosphere about how wonderful their husbands are.

BlondeBrony said...

Great list. He's lucky to have you.
Happy TT!

Nadiah Alwi - Write at Home Mom said...

You sound like a happy wife :D

Great list :D