Monday, October 09, 2006

Alley Fire

Charles and I were heading home and we noticed a ton of black smoke in the sky, and we decided to drive by and see where it was at since it was right by his job. We found out that the smoke was from an alley and it spread to someone's fence and backyard trees. Thankfully it didn't reach anyone's house. I heard (and saw for myself) that a problem lately is teens setting garbage cans on fire in the alleys. My friend's gate burnt down that way recently. I hope that doesn't happen to me. Anyway, here are some pics. I wanted the boys to see what Firemen do so they were excited to see them in action.

Below is just as they arrived. We were there before the firemen got there. A lady told me it took them a really long time. I don't know why.


Getting the water.


Putting fire out.

No comments: