Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Extremely Strange Death Wish

Dead man stands throughout 3-day wake

This might be hard for some people to see so please don't go see this article if you think it might really bother you.

I thought this to be strange. Very strange. I've thought about what I would want if I died. I would want for my pastor to share Christ with everyone there. What would people remember me as? A faithful Christian, good mom? Or someone who never made real stands on anything. Was afraid to say what was right or wrong because I was worried what people thought.

I've been shunned by people (even family) simply for sharing the bible with them. Someday I'll stand before God and give an account. Did I tell my beloved family about Christ, or was I afraid I wouldn't be invited to the next get together if I did? Was I afraid to tell my neighbor because she might not let her kids play with mine anymore? Ect. I decided that, in the end, I'd rather be thought of as someone who wasn't ashamed.

:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would rather go to Heaven, because I'm not following a Man, but God. Than to try to please man to get their exceptence. Just think about Jesus, He was forsaken and beaten to a bloody pulp, then nailed to the cross. And He did nothing wrong, He was sinless.
So as for Me and My household, We shall serve the Lord.
Good Job Jen, God is well pleased.
Carnal Christians have their reward on earth. But eternity is forever, and God sees all!!! and rewards accordingly.
With Love, Your fanactical Mother!!! and glad I am!!

FaithfulMommy said...

Great post. I am trying to do my part with my walk with Christ and telling others about HIM. I've noticed the closer we (my little family of 4) get closer to HIM we get further apart from our families. And we are being shunned by a few as well. Your blog is a great encouragement for others. Thanks!