Sunday, February 08, 2009

My Favorite Family


I picked up this book (The Duggars: 20 and Counting) the other day because this is a family I really adore, admire,and wish to model my life after. Um, I'm not saying I'm gonna have that many kids (I'm no super mommy!) , but that doesn't mean there is anything wrong with it either! It's completely biblical. Only the world says otherwise. One thing to live by that really helps me. If the media is for it, you know to run to your bible and find the truth instead. If the media is against it, you might want to check out why. I've learned that Hollywood isn't exactly who I want to model my life after. It's scary. So this book has all kinds of great organizing ideas, and neat ways to do things that I never thought of before. I was reading the book again this morning and read how Michelle recommended a book called "The 15 Minute Organizer" by Emilie Barnes. I was wondering how I'd be able to get a hold of that book since it is an older book. As I was walking into church, the pastor's wife (who's name is Michele coincidentally) walked up to me and told me she'd like to give me a book. Guess what it was called? The 15 Minute Organizer by Emilie Barnes. I couldn't believe it! I thanked her and was just in awe as I went to go sit down for church to start. Wow! God knows the desires of our heart. This is the book I need because it gives ideas for moms that are busy at home and don't have the time to just organize all day, every day, till it's finished. I'm excited about both books! Even if you don't have 18 kids, the Duggar book has amazing ideas on running a houseful successfully and more importantly, biblically. I found both those books real cheap on Amazon.

No comments: